One-eyed Bandit robs Houston-area bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are seeking the public's help in identifying a bank robber they've dubbed the "One-eyed Bandit."
According to the Houston office of the FBI, the One-eyed Bandit robbed a Houston-area bank Saturday with a patch or a piece of gauze covering his left eye.
The robbery happened around 12:20pm at the Capital One located at 19619 Tomball Parkway.
Authorities said the man entered the bank and handed the teller a threatening note, demanding money. The teller gave the robber an undisclosed amount of cash and he fled in a white SUV.
No one was injured during the course of the robbery.
The One-eyed Bandit is described as a black male, about 5 feet 6 inches tall. He wore a patch or piece of white gauze covering his left eye during the robbery. He also wore black sunglasses, a white T-shirt and blue shorts.
If you have information about this case, please call the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000 or Crime Stoppers.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 1 min ago
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games 52 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 15 min ago