Suspect sought for sex assault of teen
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators with the Harris County Sheriff's Office Special Victims Unit need the public's help in identifying and apprehending a man wanted for sexual assault of a child.
The victim, 15 years old at the time of the incident, met the suspect via a social networking site, according to the sheriff's office. The two communicated for several months by text messages before the suspect initiated a face to face meeting in November 2011.
The suspect picked up the victim at her home and drove to a remote location in north Harris County where he sexually assaulted her, forced her out of his vehicle, and then fled the scene.
The suspect was known to the victim only as "Juan", which may or may not be his real name. He is believed to be in his late teens or early twenties, 5'5" to 5'8", average to stocky build, and a thin, neatly trimmed mustache. The suspect was driving a four door older model Honda, possibly green in color with a tan interior.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico 1 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038