Suspect sought for sex assault of teen
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators with the Harris County Sheriff's Office Special Victims Unit need the public's help in identifying and apprehending a man wanted for sexual assault of a child.
The victim, 15 years old at the time of the incident, met the suspect via a social networking site, according to the sheriff's office. The two communicated for several months by text messages before the suspect initiated a face to face meeting in November 2011.
The suspect picked up the victim at her home and drove to a remote location in north Harris County where he sexually assaulted her, forced her out of his vehicle, and then fled the scene.
The suspect was known to the victim only as "Juan", which may or may not be his real name. He is believed to be in his late teens or early twenties, 5'5" to 5'8", average to stocky build, and a thin, neatly trimmed mustache. The suspect was driving a four door older model Honda, possibly green in color with a tan interior.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man's body found in middle of street in SW Houston 30 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake' 21 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa 4 min ago
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
10 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos