Woman robbed at gunpoint in her driveway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman was robbed at gunpoint in the driveway of her own home, and there's a reward for anyone who can help authorities catch the men who did it.
At about 11:25pm Tuesday, Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to a home in the 15300 block of Riverside Grove Drive in the Mission Bend subdivision regarding an aggravated robbery. The female victim said she had driven her vehicle into her garage. When she exited her vehicle and began walking toward her home's entrance, a black male appeared with a small silver-colored handgun. The suspect struck the victim and grabbed her purse. A second suspect, another black male, was spotted standing on the sidewalk.
Both suspects fled west on Riverside Grove Drive.
The suspect with the gun is described as being 5'7" with a thin build. He was wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt.
The second suspect was described as being 5'5" and he also was wearing dark clothing.
The purse contained three credit cards and an undisclosed amount of cash.
The victim was treated at the scene by Community Fire Department EMS and was later transported by personal vehicle to the West Houston Hospital for her injury.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspects involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000.
Call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org. All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- New Houston light rail line opens for business 16 min ago
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Video: Wind damage in River Oaks area