Police need help solving two cold case murders
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police still have no leads on two murder cases from four and five years ago, so they need your help.
The first happened five years ago on July 20, 2007. Richard Zavala, 24, was shot and killed at a north Harris County apartment complex, police said.
Zavala, who went by the nickname "Champ," was gunned down at the Woods of Northpark Apartments on Imperial Valley Drive. There is no description of the gunman.
The second case happened four years ago on July 10, 2008, in Hearne. Police said 27-year-old Hank Johnson was found beaten in a Hearne hotel room.
According to investigators, Johnson was rushed to an area hospital where he later died. He lived in Pasadena, but was working on a construction site in Robertson County at the time of his death.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information on either of these cases called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 17 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery 14 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 53 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale 16 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos