Police need help solving two cold case murders
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police still have no leads on two murder cases from four and five years ago, so they need your help.
The first happened five years ago on July 20, 2007. Richard Zavala, 24, was shot and killed at a north Harris County apartment complex, police said.
Zavala, who went by the nickname "Champ," was gunned down at the Woods of Northpark Apartments on Imperial Valley Drive. There is no description of the gunman.
The second case happened four years ago on July 10, 2008, in Hearne. Police said 27-year-old Hank Johnson was found beaten in a Hearne hotel room.
According to investigators, Johnson was rushed to an area hospital where he later died. He lived in Pasadena, but was working on a construction site in Robertson County at the time of his death.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information on either of these cases called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 20 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges 58 min ago
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 57 min ago
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Burglars break in through roof of Walgreen's store 55 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- 13 Things to Know for Thursday 49 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- otrc: 'Bachelor' Sean Lowe making wedding plans
- abcnews: 5 Biggest food and exercise mistakes
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone