Detectives searching for man accused of killing girlfriend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives say they need help finding a man accused of fatally shooting woman in southwest Houston on Monday.
Edwin Salinas is charged with murder in connection to the shooting of Erica Venegas inside her apartment, according to Houston police.
Detectives say officers received a phone call from one of Salinas' friends, who said the 23-year-old had shot and killed Venegas. When officers arrived at her apartment complex in the 9400 block of Conventry Square, they found the 36-year-old dead. Detectives say she had been shot in the head at close range.
Detectives say Salinas and Venegas had been dating for five years.
Salinas is described as being 5-foot-3 and weighing about 130 pounds. He has tattoos on both arms and might have a tattoo of "Erica" on his chest.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive