Man sought in SW Houston gas station robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man police say threatened a store clerk with a gun, then robbed a convenience store remains on the loose. But police are hoping newly released surveillance video will help identify him.
In surveillance video from about 1:15am on July 26, you can see a man wearing a blue bandana as he walks into the Valero gas station on 9710 Beechnut. It looks like he acts like he's shopping around. He waits for customers to leave and then points a gun at the cashier.
Police say the cashier feared for their life, so the clerk handed over money. Police believe there is at least one witness who was shopping in the store when this robbery happened. If you know anything at all, you are urged to come forward.
"The way that he conducted himself during this robbery, he's done this before. He didn't seem nervous. He seemed very nonchalant like he would definitely, in my opinion, do it again," said HPD Sr. Officer Kimberly Miller.
Police say he ran away from the gas station on foot northbound on Corporate Drive, so he is believed to live in that area.
The suspect is described only as a Hispanic male, 26 to 28 years of age, about 5-foot-8 and weighing 170 to 180 pounds.
Anyone with information in this case or on the identity of the wanted suspect is urged to contact the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos