Man sought in SW Houston gas station robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man police say threatened a store clerk with a gun, then robbed a convenience store remains on the loose. But police are hoping newly released surveillance video will help identify him.
In surveillance video from about 1:15am on July 26, you can see a man wearing a blue bandana as he walks into the Valero gas station on 9710 Beechnut. It looks like he acts like he's shopping around. He waits for customers to leave and then points a gun at the cashier.
Police say the cashier feared for their life, so the clerk handed over money. Police believe there is at least one witness who was shopping in the store when this robbery happened. If you know anything at all, you are urged to come forward.
"The way that he conducted himself during this robbery, he's done this before. He didn't seem nervous. He seemed very nonchalant like he would definitely, in my opinion, do it again," said HPD Sr. Officer Kimberly Miller.
Police say he ran away from the gas station on foot northbound on Corporate Drive, so he is believed to live in that area.
The suspect is described only as a Hispanic male, 26 to 28 years of age, about 5-foot-8 and weighing 170 to 180 pounds.
Anyone with information in this case or on the identity of the wanted suspect is urged to contact the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list 10 min ago
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook