One of two suspected female shoplifters charged in boutique store theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One of two suspected female shoplifters that stole thousands of dollars of merchandise from an area boutique has been identified and charged in the crime.
Back on July 28, police say Linda Dewitt and her accomplice stole 14 tank tops, nine rings, two bracelets and two necklaces worth around $6,000 from the French Cuff Boutique located in the 4000 block of Bellaire Blvd. While inside the store, the suspects were filmed concealing merchandise inside their handbags/purses and leaving the store without paying for the items.
Court documents state Dewitt and her accomplice also stole merchandise on the same day from another of the owner's stores on Woodway. Police say they stole another $6,000 worth of items from that store.
After Eyewitness News aired the surveillance video on August 10, numerous tipsters called Crime Stoppers. Police say the video matches Dewitt's drivers license photo and a store employee picked Dewitt out of a photo array.
Court records show Dewitt, of Missouri City, has a criminal history including multiple arrests for theft.
Dewitt, 58, is charged with organized retail theft.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck 59 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 15 min ago
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire 17 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan 8 min ago
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive