'Bandaged Bandit' holds up bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston FBI Bank Robbery Task Force is seeking the public's assistance in identifying a bank robber who robbed a bank with a large bandage covering his left cheek and chin and bandages covering his right wrist and some of his fingers.
It happened at the Comerica Bank located at 9997 Almeda Genoa Wednesday afternoon. At approximately 3pm, the man entered the bank, told a teller he was armed and demanded money. FBI officials say he threatened he would shoot if the teller did not comply with his demands. The teller gave the man some cash. No one was physically hurt during the robbery.
The "Bandaged Bandit" is described a white man, 40 to 55 years old, 6'2" tall, and weighing 260 to 280 pounds. He wore a large white medical bandage covering his left cheek and chin, and bandages covering his right wrist and some fingers.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000.00 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber. If you have information about this case, please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Teacher finds bag, returns more than $20K
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy 13 min ago
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos