Surveillance video released in fatal drive-by shooting of baby
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have released new video which they say shows two men wanted in connection with the shooting death of an 11-month-old girl. She was killed while sitting in her family's vehicle when someone drove by and opened fire.
In the surveillance video, there are two suspects, one appearing to have a crowbar and be seen running away. Police say they're the men they believe shot and killed the baby on August 19 at 3am.
"The men fled after not being able to get into that house. After they fled, we believe the same two men came back around and committed a drive-by shooting on the address," said HPD Sgt. Ryan Chandler.
He says that morning in the pouring rain, the two men tried to break into a house in the 8300 block of Ponnel Lane, only to be forced out by the homeowner. At that point, a car carrying four adults and the baby, Forever Donnato, pulled into the same driveway not knowing that a robbery almost just occurred.
"So they pulled in looking to visit family, right after they pulled in, the car came back around and fired several shots and Forever Donatto is shot," Sgt. Chandler said.
One of the bullets penetrated the back seat of the car and struck the baby. She was transported to Texas Children's Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Police say if you look closely at the video, even splattered with rain, you can make out a dark, full-sized SUV driven by the suspects. They want people who may have information to come forward so these two suspects wanted for killing a baby girl can be caught.
"If any of the other variables could have changed, this may have had a different outcome, but it was the worse than it ever could be," said Sgt. Chandler.
The motive for the shooting is unknown at this time, police say.
Anyone with information on the suspect(s) and/or the wanted vehicle in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 14 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 15 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 49 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations 12 min ago
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake 53 min ago
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store' 47 min ago
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison 31 min ago
- Man held up on his way home from bank 19 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- Make-A-Wish lets boy fly like Iron Man 25 min ago
- 'No hooking' billboard curbs prostitution in neighborhood 16 min ago
58 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos