Richmond woman robbed at gunpoint in her own home
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Officials are looking for three people who robbed a woman at gunpoint in her own home.
The 73-year-old Richmond woman was robbed at her home in the 1200 block of Alamo around 6pm Thursday. The victim and her husband own a jewelry business in Houston and police say at times the victim will sell jewelry to friends and family out of her residence.
A woman and two men knocked on the victim's door and told her they were sent by a friend to look at some jewelry. When the unsuspecting victim let the individuals into her house, one of the male suspects pulled out a gun and demanded all of the victim's jewelry. She complied and gave them all of the jewelry she was wearing. Police say the suspects then locked the victim in a bathroom and searched the home for more items. The suspects ended up leaving with several thousands of dollars worth of jewelry. The victim was not injured during the robbery.
The female suspect was described as Hispanic, approximately 35 years old, 5'3" tall, with a heavy build, blonde hair in a ponytail, wearing gray capri pants and carrying a brown purse with alligator print. The first male suspect was described as Hispanic, approximately 30 years old, 170 to 185 pounds, 5'6" to 5'7" tall with short black hair wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt. The second male suspect was described as Hispanic, approximately 22 years old, 5'3" tall, heavyset, with short black hair, wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans.
The first male suspect was the one with the gun, described as possibly a black semi-automatic pistol. The suspects were driving an older model gray passenger car.
Detectives are requesting anyone with identifying details on the suspects or circumstances surrounding this incident to please contact the Richmond Police Department at 281-342-2849 or Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS (8477).
richmond, crime tracker
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- La Marque student found with loaded weapon on campus 15 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Suspects jump out window in escape attempt 36 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston