Richmond woman robbed at gunpoint in her own home
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Officials are looking for three people who robbed a woman at gunpoint in her own home.
The 73-year-old Richmond woman was robbed at her home in the 1200 block of Alamo around 6pm Thursday. The victim and her husband own a jewelry business in Houston and police say at times the victim will sell jewelry to friends and family out of her residence.
A woman and two men knocked on the victim's door and told her they were sent by a friend to look at some jewelry. When the unsuspecting victim let the individuals into her house, one of the male suspects pulled out a gun and demanded all of the victim's jewelry. She complied and gave them all of the jewelry she was wearing. Police say the suspects then locked the victim in a bathroom and searched the home for more items. The suspects ended up leaving with several thousands of dollars worth of jewelry. The victim was not injured during the robbery.
The female suspect was described as Hispanic, approximately 35 years old, 5'3" tall, with a heavy build, blonde hair in a ponytail, wearing gray capri pants and carrying a brown purse with alligator print. The first male suspect was described as Hispanic, approximately 30 years old, 170 to 185 pounds, 5'6" to 5'7" tall with short black hair wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt. The second male suspect was described as Hispanic, approximately 22 years old, 5'3" tall, heavyset, with short black hair, wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans.
The first male suspect was the one with the gun, described as possibly a black semi-automatic pistol. The suspects were driving an older model gray passenger car.
Detectives are requesting anyone with identifying details on the suspects or circumstances surrounding this incident to please contact the Richmond Police Department at 281-342-2849 or Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS (8477).
richmond, crime tracker
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling 17 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston 46 min ago
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health 14 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded