Double murder remains mystery 7 years later
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers and investigators with the Houston Police Department are searching for the suspect responsible for the 2005 murder of Nick Munoz and Chaz Kettner. Yesterday marked the seventh anniversary of Nick Munoz' and Chaz Kettner's deaths and today would have celebrated Kettner's 28th birthday.
It has been seven years since 20-year-olds Nick Munoz and Chaz Kettner were gunned down at an area gas station. It was Tuesday, September 13, 2005, at approximately 10:35 pm, when Kettner and Munoz were approached by an unidentified black male while seated in their vehicle at a gas station located on the 2700 block of W. Sam Houston Parkway. The unknown suspect shot both of the victims while they were in the vehicle.
Kettner died where he was seated. Munoz attempted to flee, but collapsed, passing away near the door of the service station. The unknown suspect fled the scene in a green truck.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'