Police release sketch of suspect in sex assault case after woman was attacked
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men wanted for a sexual assault remain on the run. Police are hoping newly released video of the getaway car and a sketch of one of the suspects can help track them down.
Police say these men are dangerous. They are accused of picking up a woman, sexually assaulting her and then threatening to kill her.
Police have released a sketch of one of the two men they say attacked a woman in a car back on September 23. Surveillance video captured the suspects standing outside of that car during that attack.
Police say earlier that night the 27-year-old woman was walking along a street in north Houston. She had been crying after a fight with her boss when investigators say the men pulled up in a dark-colored sedan and asked her if she wanted a ride. Authorities say the woman got into the car and asked to be dropped off at a downtown bus stop.
But investigators say one of the men began assaulting her in the back seat before the driver pulled over behind a warehouse in the 2100 block of Harrington and police say he assaulted the victim as well.
"We haven't found any related cases with these suspects, but it is a possibility that if they did it to this victim, they'll go out and do it again," said HPD Investigator Jennifer Kennedy. "It was an easy target. They took advantage."
The suspects are described as two Hispanic males. One suspect is in his early 40s, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and a medium build. He has dark brown hair, slicked back and tucked behind the ears, brown eyes and black ink tattoos on both arms. He also has one tattoo around one wrist.
The other suspect is in his 30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and heavy-set. He has a bald head, dark-rimmed glasses, brown eyes and a tattoo on his upper right arm. He also has a tattoo across his chest, with a curved shaped in Olde English writing.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Special Crimes Division at 713-308-1100 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
crime tracker, samica knight
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos