Man wanted for sexual assault, aggravated robbery of woman last month
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for the suspect they say is responsible for the aggravated robbery and sexual assault of a Harris County woman.
On September 19 at around 6am, a female victim was waiting at a bus stop located near the 14000 block of Ella Boulevard. While waiting, investigators say the victim was approached by an unidentified black male suspect. The suspect drew a gun on the victim and demanded her purse. The victim surrendered her purse and allowed the suspect to rifle through it.
After finding two credit cards, the suspect asked for her pin numbers, which she disclosed. She was then led down the street to a nearby bayou by the suspect. Deputies say he demanded the victim remove her clothing, and began to sexually assault her. During the sexual assault, the victim attempted to take the suspect's weapon. A struggle ensued and the victim was able to flee the area.
The suspect is described as a black male, between the ages of 25-35 years, standing approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing between 220-250 lbs. At the time of the offense, the suspect wore a black and red baseball cap, a white sleeveless shirt, blue jean shorts and tennis shoes.
Surveillance cameras captured the suspect using the victim's stolen credit card shortly after the assault.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos