Investigators release video of alleged metal theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Harris County Sheriff's Department and Houston Crime Stoppers have a video clip they want you to see. It's part of their crackdown on metal theft throughout our area.
This morning, they released video of one such theft at a warehouse in the 2400 block of North Sam Houston Parkway. It happened once on September 3 and then again on September 10 at the same location.
The suspects are believed to have pushed the air conditioning units off of the roofs, removing the metal coils. The units they're hitting cost between $15,000 and $20,000. And according to Crime Stoppers, victims pay up to $25 for repair and replacement for every dollar worth of metal stolen.
In the above video, the suspects are seen climbing down from the roof of a business after throwing an AC unit off the roof. One suspect then is seen loading the equipment into the bed of a green truck before taking off.
One suspect is described as white or Hispanic male, with an average build. He was wearing dark shorts, a white t-shirt and a dark-colored ball cap. The second suspect is described as a white or Hispanic male, with brown hair and a slender build. He was wearing dark-colored shorts and tennis shoes.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow