$25,000 reward offered for info in Katy-area bank robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers and the Houston FBI Bank Robbery Task Force announced an increased reward for the robbery suspects responsible for last month's robbery of a Katy-area bank.
Up to $25,000 is now offered for information leading to the filing of charges or the arrest of the suspects.
On October 1 at around 1:45pm, authorities say two unidentified male suspects entered the bank located near the 23100 block of Cinco Ranch Boulevard in Katy. The suspects were dressed in construction uniforms, with masks and dark glasses concealing their identity. Both suspects wielded pistols to intimidate bank customers and employees. The suspects made their way into restricted areas of the bank, and filled a dark bag with an indeterminate amount of cash.
Both suspects fled the area in an unknown direction.
The first suspect is described as a white or Hispanic male of average height and build. At the time of the offense he wore a white shirt, blue jeans, a red ball cap, an orange reflective vest, a painter's mask and dark glasses.
The second suspect is described as a white or Hispanic male, of average height, a heavy build with a dark-colored mustache. At the time of the offense he wore a gray shirt, blue jeans, a dark-colored ball cap, an orange reflective vest and dark glasses.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $25,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
katy, crime tracker
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston
- Botox now big with 20-somethings
- What kinds of luxury cars can you buy in Houston?
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos