Surveillance video of suspect in robbery and stabbing of man at Midtown bank released
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have released surveillance video to help identify one of two suspects wanted for the robbery and stabbing of a man at a Midtown bank in October.
According to police, the male victim, 46, was picked up by the suspect and a driver (second suspect) and taken to an ATM at the Wells Fargo Bank at 2714 Smith Street about 6:30am on October 10. Houston police say the suspect threatened the victim with a knife and forced him to withdraw funds from the ATM.
When the victim did not withdraw funds, police say the suspect attempted to take the victim's wallet, at which point a struggle ensued and the suspect stabbed the victim multiple times. Witnesses overheard the suspect yelling that he was going to kill the victim. After stabbing the victim, the suspect fled in the waiting Marquis and fled in an unknown direction.
The victim was left in the bank's drive-through lanes. He was transported by paramedics to Memorial Hermann Hospital and treated for his severe wounds.
The suspects are described only as two black males. One is described as approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall, 20 to 30 years of age and weighing about 150 to 160 pounds. This suspect is depicted in the surveillance video to the left of the victim. The suspect were seen driving in a four-door, 90s model, possibly gold Mercury Grand Marquis.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Central Patrol Investigative First Responder Unit at 713-247-4400 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man's body found in middle of street in SW Houston 5 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa 12 min ago
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16 43 min ago
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
2 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos