FBI: Suspect tried to rob bank for Christmas cash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities need your help to find a man who they say tried to rob a bank Saturday to get quick Christmas cash.
Surveillance cameras caught the suspect at Chase Bank on Almeda Road around 9:20am.
Police say the suspect handed the teller a threatening note demanding money, but the teller stalled the robber and he eventually walked away with nothing. No one was injured.
The attempted bank robbery was described as a black male, 26-28 years old, about 5 feet 8-11 inches tall with a dark complexion. He had a goatee and was unshaven. He wore a gray hoodie, blue jeans, a ball cap and eyeglasses.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte 4 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed 42 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston 29 min ago
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
55 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos