FBI: Suspect tried to rob bank for Christmas cash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities need your help to find a man who they say tried to rob a bank Saturday to get quick Christmas cash.
Surveillance cameras caught the suspect at Chase Bank on Almeda Road around 9:20am.
Police say the suspect handed the teller a threatening note demanding money, but the teller stalled the robber and he eventually walked away with nothing. No one was injured.
The attempted bank robbery was described as a black male, 26-28 years old, about 5 feet 8-11 inches tall with a dark complexion. He had a goatee and was unshaven. He wore a gray hoodie, blue jeans, a ball cap and eyeglasses.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 19 min ago
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home 35 min ago
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom 29 min ago
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck 2 min ago
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets 18 min ago
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect 1 min ago
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle