Man convicted for kidnapping, assault of girlfriend wanted for violating probation
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for a man wanted for violating his probation last year following the 2010 kidnapping and assault of his then-girlfriend.
On November 1, 2010, Houston police say Hassan Gaddi was involved with the kidnapping and assault of his then-girlfriend. At approximately 4am, police were called to the 3700 block of Edloe, where witnesses reported seeing Gaddi severely beat and force his girlfriend into a vehicle.
According to police, Gaddi then drove her to a secluded area off of the 10500 block of Rockley, where he locked her inside of a dumpster, and attempted to set it ablaze. The victim was able to escape through a small opening in the dumpster, and fled the scene.
After being charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault of a family member, Gaddi was placed on deferred adjudication for 10 years. He violated the terms of his probation by making contact with the complainant in violation of an order of protections. Further, police say Gaddi failed to appear at multiple meetings with his probation officer.
Last month, a motion to adjudicate Gaddi's guilt was issued in district court with no bond and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Gaddi, now 27, is described as a white male standing 5 foot 11, weighing 170 pounds, with significant scarring on his forehead and face.
According to court records, Gaddi has a criminal history. He received deferred adjudication for assault of a family member in 2004, and he served 12 days in jail for a DUI in 2007.
Anyone with information about the location of the fugitive is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas 55 min ago
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Tornado Warning for Montgomery County 1 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 8 min ago
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos