Man convicted for kidnapping, assault of girlfriend wanted for violating probation
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for a man wanted for violating his probation last year following the 2010 kidnapping and assault of his then-girlfriend.
On November 1, 2010, Houston police say Hassan Gaddi was involved with the kidnapping and assault of his then-girlfriend. At approximately 4am, police were called to the 3700 block of Edloe, where witnesses reported seeing Gaddi severely beat and force his girlfriend into a vehicle.
According to police, Gaddi then drove her to a secluded area off of the 10500 block of Rockley, where he locked her inside of a dumpster, and attempted to set it ablaze. The victim was able to escape through a small opening in the dumpster, and fled the scene.
After being charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault of a family member, Gaddi was placed on deferred adjudication for 10 years. He violated the terms of his probation by making contact with the complainant in violation of an order of protections. Further, police say Gaddi failed to appear at multiple meetings with his probation officer.
Last month, a motion to adjudicate Gaddi's guilt was issued in district court with no bond and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Gaddi, now 27, is described as a white male standing 5 foot 11, weighing 170 pounds, with significant scarring on his forehead and face.
According to court records, Gaddi has a criminal history. He received deferred adjudication for assault of a family member in 2004, and he served 12 days in jail for a DUI in 2007.
Anyone with information about the location of the fugitive is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor 29 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after found safe 48 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident 17 min ago
- Most insane job interview ever
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap 7 min ago
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Fears rise for missing in SKorea ferry sinking