3 charged in local acid bomb attacks
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three men have been charged in connection with two acid bomb attacks at a northwest Harris County home.
Max Thomas, 20, 17-year-old David Kaylor and 18-year-old Matthew Miller are charged with possession of a prohibited weapon, a third-degree felony. Miller and Kaylor have both been arrested, but a search is ongoing for Thomas.
According to court documents, the three suspects were caught on video throwing acid bombs at a house in northwest Harris County, and they hit the same home twice in less than three weeks.
The first attack happened December 19 at the home in the 13500 block of Gainesway Drive. Surveillance video shows two white males throwing acid bombs at the house. They hit the home again January 4. Video shows a third person running away in the distance, officials said.
The victim told invistigators she did not know the suspects in the video. The acid bombs reportedly damaged her front door and stone porch.
The Harris County Fire Marshal's Office received a tip a few days after the second attack identifying Thomas, 20, as the suspect seen on the video.
While investigators were looking into the tip, the victim called and said two people were at her front door, apologizing for the attacks and saying they wanted to turn themselves in, court documents state.
"Two of the suspects went back to the same house and told the home owner that they wanted to turn themselves in and were sorry for what they did," HCFMO Lt. Dean Hensley said. "One of the suspects told me that they saw themselves on the news and Crime Stoppers."
The suspects said the acid bombs were a joke and they picked the house at random while driving around. The affidavit states that they made the acid bombs with household items.
A $5,000 bond has been set for each of the suspects.
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 17 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 40 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 36 min ago
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 6 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 56 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos