Reward offered in Ft. Bend diesel theft cases
FORT BEND COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office is working to solve two rural theft cases, and you could earn a reward if you're able to help them.
Deputies were called to two different crime scenes January 4. Both sites are near Smithers Lake Road and F.M. 762.
On one property, officials said suspects entered through a gate and emptied about 600 gallons of diesel out of a storage tank. They also stole the pump on the tank and broke into a storage facility and stole a chainsaw and a generator, investigators said. The victim told authorities it happened sometime between 10:30am January 3 and 10:30am January 4.
The second victim also had diesel stolen from a storage tank. His loss was about 100 gallons, plus a fuel pump. The victim said the theft occurred between noon on January 3 and 1pm on January 4. The fuel pump has the victim's name in white paint on it.
According to officials, two sets of tracks were found at both scenes, indicating the thieves had a trailer.
Fort Bend County Crimes Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the subjects involved in these cases. Call FBCSO at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS or text your tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online. All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'