Police search for suspect who took money from gas station cash register
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Sugar Land police are looking for a man who took money from a cash register at a gas station last month.
On Jan. 26, an employee working alone said the suspect entered the Exxon store at 13233 Dairy Ashford Road9:40pm, requested a cigar and placed cash on the counter. When the clerk opened the register, the man reached across the counter, grabbed the cash drawer and left with a handful of cash.
No weapons were displayed, and there were no injuries.
The thief was a black male, 30-40 years old, about 6 foot 2 and had a muscular build. He was wearing a white t-shirt, a green jacket, blue jean pants, white shoes, a blue baseball cap and sunglasses hanging on his shirt.
Surveillance video shows the man leaving in a gray or silver, four-door crew cab Toyota Tundra pickup truck.
Anyone with information should call the Sugar Land Police Department at 281-275-2540 or Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS (8477).
sugar land, crime tracker
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight 1 min ago
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 4 min ago
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls 24 min ago
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Magnitude-6.2 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks 51 min ago