Security guard's killers still on the loose after July 2012 shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers and investigators with the Houston Police Department's Homicide Division are searching for the suspects responsible for the 2012 murder of Pedro DePena.
On Saturday, July 21, 2012, Pedro DePena was working as a security guard at a game room located on the 1500 block of Evergreen in Houston. At approximately 11pm, DePena was approached by two unidentified black males. A struggle ensued, during which DePena was shot and killed.
Both suspects fled the scene on foot. Surveillance video from an adjoining building shows two suspects fleeing from the area of the crime.
Following an extensive investigation, the suspects remain unidentified and at large.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 48 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course