Security guard's killers still on the loose after July 2012 shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers and investigators with the Houston Police Department's Homicide Division are searching for the suspects responsible for the 2012 murder of Pedro DePena.
On Saturday, July 21, 2012, Pedro DePena was working as a security guard at a game room located on the 1500 block of Evergreen in Houston. At approximately 11pm, DePena was approached by two unidentified black males. A struggle ensued, during which DePena was shot and killed.
Both suspects fled the scene on foot. Surveillance video from an adjoining building shows two suspects fleeing from the area of the crime.
Following an extensive investigation, the suspects remain unidentified and at large.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 20 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack