Info sought in fatal shooting of man, 74, left dead in NW Harris Co. road last year
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers and Harris County Sheriff's investigators are seeking the public's assistance solving the murder of a man left dead in a northwest Harris County road last year.
On November 7, 2012 at approximately 6pm, deputy constables with the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office were dispatched to the 11100 block of Springsong Drive, where first responders say they found 74-year-old Maglorio Reynaldo Cortes unconscious in the middle of the roadway. Cortes was transported to an area hospital where he later died from a gunshot wound.
Witnesses reported hearing shots fired and observed a 2010-2011 dark red or maroon four door Chevy Cruz leaving the scene. They say they saw several light-skinned white or Hispanic males in the vehicle.
"You took the life of a man who held this family very close and tightly, he was the foundation to our lives," the victim's granddaughter, Leslie Cortes, said a press conference Monday. ,
Homicide investigators continue to search for the identity of the suspect(s) involved in the shooting that left Cortes dead.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 10 min ago
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
11 min ago