Suspect wanted in fatal shooting during attempted robbery last year
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are seeking the public's help in locating one of two suspects charged in the fatal shooting of a man last year.
Kendall Allen and Dwayne Dede are charged with capital murder in the killing of Donald Williams. At this time, suspect Dede, 24, remains at large. Allen, 21, is in the custody of Louisiana law enforcement.
Police say on the evening of December 24, 2012, two or more black male suspects, one armed with a shotgun, ordered Williams and nearby witnesses to get on the ground during an attempted robbery outside an apartment complex at 16966 Northchase. According to police, witnesses say when Williams would not get on the ground, Allen then fired multiple pellet rounds at Williams, striking him in his chest. Paramedics arrived shortly after the shooting and pronounced the 29-year-old Williams deceased.
Further investigation identified Allen and Dede as suspects in this case. A third suspect, described only as a black male, is also believed to have taken part in the shooting.
Anyone with information on the identity or whereabouts of the third suspect, or Dede's whereabouts, is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 38 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 39 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 15 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 9 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her