Suspect wanted in fatal shooting during attempted robbery last year
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are seeking the public's help in locating one of two suspects charged in the fatal shooting of a man last year.
Kendall Allen and Dwayne Dede are charged with capital murder in the killing of Donald Williams. At this time, suspect Dede, 24, remains at large. Allen, 21, is in the custody of Louisiana law enforcement.
Police say on the evening of December 24, 2012, two or more black male suspects, one armed with a shotgun, ordered Williams and nearby witnesses to get on the ground during an attempted robbery outside an apartment complex at 16966 Northchase. According to police, witnesses say when Williams would not get on the ground, Allen then fired multiple pellet rounds at Williams, striking him in his chest. Paramedics arrived shortly after the shooting and pronounced the 29-year-old Williams deceased.
Further investigation identified Allen and Dede as suspects in this case. A third suspect, described only as a black male, is also believed to have taken part in the shooting.
Anyone with information on the identity or whereabouts of the third suspect, or Dede's whereabouts, is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Severe weather possible this morning 31 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 38 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 20 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 16 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 45 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 51 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
30 min ago