Serial robber wanted for cash register thefts
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are searching for a serial robber who's believed to have hit at least eight stores since January on the west and southwest sides of Houston.
The suspect is described only as a white or Hispanic male, approximately 25 years of age with tattoos on his arms and upper back. He is believed to be driving a gray or brown Toyota Tundra pickup truck.
The incidents occurred on the following dates and locations:
- 1/27 - Sports Authority - 10225 Katy Freeway
- 1/28 - Walgreens 8535 S Braeswood
- 1/28 - 99 Cents Store - 11873 Bissonnet
- 1/28 - Walgreens - 8089 Westheimer
- 1/28 - Valero - 7100 Bellaire
- 1/30 - Timewise - 11101 South Sam Houston Parkway
- 1/31 - Burkes Outlet 5635 Beechnut
- 1/31 - Boston Market 4672 Beechnut
"He obviously doesn't have any fear or concerns about confront individuals in the middle of the day and taking money from the registers," said Officer Jeff Miller with the HPD Robbery Division. "He is threatening to have a handgun. It's been my experience that it isn't unusual at all for violence to escalate while an individual is committing robberies."
Anyone with information in these cases or on the identity of the wanted suspect is urged to contact the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
houston police department, crime tracker, elissa rivas
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 55 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 45 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston