Surveillance video released of fake cops who attacked family during home invasion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for two home invasion suspects captured on a home surveillance system during an aggravated robbery last month in southwest Harris County.
On March 26 at around 7:30am, police say two suspects forced their way into a home located on the 13700 block of River Keg Drive. Police say the suspects displayed fake police badges and gained entry to the home under the guise of area peace officers.
According to police, once inside the home, the suspects forced the victims, both adults and children, to the ground at gunpoint. The suspects bound the victims at the hands and began to collect cash, valuables and other property from around the residence. After collecting an undisclosed amount of property, the suspects fled in an unknown vehicle.
During the course of the home invasion, police say one of the victims was violently assaulted.
A home surveillance system inside the residence captured the robbery on video.
The suspects are described as two black or Hispanic males, between 20-25 years of age, standing approximately 5 foot 6, and each weighing between 120-140 lbs.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 59 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Boy, 2, FaceTimes to help mom instead of 911
33 min ago