Clue released in case of girl molested
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- We're learning new information about the kidnapping and sexual assault of a little girl in Pasadena back in February.
The little girl vanished from an apartment complex at Richey near Shaver. Her mother says it was so frightening she at first didn't want to reveal the horror of what happened.
Police have released surveillance video they want the public to see. They're looking for the driver of a car that was driven through a nearby neighborhood the day the little girl was attacked. It was caught on surveillance camera at Curtis Morgan's home.
"I'm just lucky that the camera picked it up," Morgan said. "Hopefully they catch this guy or person or persons that are involved in it and we get him off the street."
Police say the vehicle on camera matches the description the six-year-old girl gave police. Investigators say she was playing outside near her apartment at a complex in the 700 block of Richey when she was kidnapped on February 24. She was missing for an hour.
"We looked for her," the victim's mother said. "We knocked on doors. I was panicking."
Investigators tell us the man sexually assaulted the little girl at his home, then dropped her off at the apartment complex about an hour later.
Police just located the surveillance video last week. The car appears to be a 2005 or older Chevy Impala with a silver panel. The victim's mother hopes someone recognizes it.
She said, "He must have neighbors that know he has that car. That would be really, really helpful."
You can earn a reward of up to $5,000 if your information helps catch the attacker. Call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
pasadena, crime tracker, kevin quinn
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Suspect to bank teller: 'I'm having a bad day'
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- 'Operation Safe-T-Net' results in child porn charges
- Houston car thieves' wish list 55 min ago
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Lombardi Award finalists hang with kids from TCH
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos