Tip leads authorities to find $2 million worth of marijuana
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Harris County Sheriff's Office says a tip from the public has led to a drug seizure worth more than $2 million and the arrest of two suspects.
On Monday, deputies and members of the HCSO's K-9 Unit, in partnership with the DEA and the Houston Police Department Narcotics Unit, executed search warrants at two homes in northwest Harris County after receiving an anonymous tip through the HCSO's free mobile app, iWatchHarrisCounty.
When deputies arrived, they reportedly found that the homes, located in the 6400 block of Bonnie Chase Drive and the 10800 block of Waterfern Court, were being used for hydroponic marijuana growth operations.
Authorities say a total of 566 hydroponic marijuana plants were seized, with a total estimated street value of approximately $2.5 million.
Two suspects were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana 50-2,000 pounds. They are identified as Long Bui, 24, and James Dang, 41. Both are being held at the Harris County Jail with a $250,000 bond.
iWatchHarrisCounty is the HCSO's free mobile phone app that allows the public to report suspicious persons and/or activity anonymously, anywhere, any time.
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 1 min ago
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 25 min ago
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 15 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake' 28 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today 33 min ago
- Female libido drug remains in limbo 45 min ago
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Man banned from Walmart for life
30 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos