Surveillance video of armed robbery of SW Houston meat market released
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are asking for the public's help in identifying a suspect wanted in a robbery earlier this year in southwest Houston.
Police say the man was in the La Hacienda Meat Market in the 9600 block of Beechnut near Corporate back on January 3. He hung around the store a bit, then threatened the clerk with a gun to get some cash.
The suspect then exited the store, got into a brown minivan of unknown make or model and fled the scene.
He was caught on surveillance cameras. The suspect is described only as a Hispanic male, 23 to 25 years of age, about 5 feet 2 to 5 feet 5 inches tall, 160 pounds with black hair. He was wearing a red T-shirt, black baseball cap and a blue jean jacket.
Investigators are also seeking a person of interest in this case, described only as a Hispanic male dressed in all black.
Anyone with information in this case or on the identities of the wanted suspect or the person of interest are urged to contact the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues