Woman injured during aggravated robbery at Harris County check cashing business
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men injured a woman while robbing a check cashing business at gunpoint, and now Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information leading to their arrest.
It happened around 12:35pm on February 25 at a check cashing store in the 2100 block of West FM 1960.
The victim, a woman who worked at the business, told Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies that two black men came into the store wielding handguns.
Officials said the suspects jumped over the counter and demanded money from the register. The woman gave them an undisclosed amount of cash, but officials said that wasn't enough. The robbers then asked her to open the safe.
The victim reportedly told the suspects that she was unable to open the safe, and she was hit in the head by a gun.
Both men fled the business in an unknown direction. Still photos of the suspects were captured by surveillance cameras.
The first man was described as 20-25 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and 120-140 pounds. He had a black moustache and was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, red bandanna and tan shorts.
The second man was described as 20-25 years old and about 140-150 pounds. He was wearing a black jacket with a white hood and a blue bandanna.
Anyone with information about the identities of the suspects is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 46 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 46 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Teen arrested after allegedly racing illegally 6 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans