'Backpack bandit' linked to 2 bank robberies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The FBI's Bank Robbery Task Force needs the public's help to identify an individual who robbed the Compass Bank, located at 11890 Westheimer Road on Tuesday. Investigators believe the same person robbed the Compass Bank, located 7525 FM 1960 East in Humble back on March 30.
At approximately 12:43pm, a man walked into the bank and presented a note to a teller demanding money and threatened a weapon. After receiving an undisclosed amount of cash, he left the bank. No one was physically hurt.
The bank robber is described as a black male, 5'9", 200-220 pounds, dark complexion and a moustache. He wore a black baseball cap with a polo insignia, black short-sleeved polo shirt and carried a multi-color backpack.
Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber, or any felony suspect. If you have information about this crime, you're asked to call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos