'Backpack bandit' linked to 2 bank robberies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The FBI's Bank Robbery Task Force needs the public's help to identify an individual who robbed the Compass Bank, located at 11890 Westheimer Road on Tuesday. Investigators believe the same person robbed the Compass Bank, located 7525 FM 1960 East in Humble back on March 30.
At approximately 12:43pm, a man walked into the bank and presented a note to a teller demanding money and threatened a weapon. After receiving an undisclosed amount of cash, he left the bank. No one was physically hurt.
The bank robber is described as a black male, 5'9", 200-220 pounds, dark complexion and a moustache. He wore a black baseball cap with a polo insignia, black short-sleeved polo shirt and carried a multi-color backpack.
Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber, or any felony suspect. If you have information about this crime, you're asked to call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale