Armed Sugar Land restaurant robbers make off with little cash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives in Sugar Land are searching for two armed men who robbed a Sugar Land fast-food restaurant late Wednesday night.
It happened just after 11pm at the store in the 3500 block of Highway 6 North.
Employees said a man entered the store, pointed a pistol at them and ordered them to kneel down and place their hands behind their heads. A second man, armed with a revolver, then walked in.
The suspects ordered the employees to open the store safe, but when they couldn't, the victims were forced into the walk-in cooler and told to stay there for several minutes. When the employees walked back out, the suspects were gone, and a small amount of cash from the register went with them.
Both suspects were described as two black men who were wearing dark, long-sleeved shirts and pants.
The first man appeared to be around 45 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall and about 220 pounds. He had light skin, short black hair and was wearing glasses and a dirty cap with a kangaroo emblem.
The second suspect was younger and slightly shorter than the first suspect.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
sugar land, crime tracker
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years