'Teddy Bear Bandit' wanted for bank robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The FBI's Bank Robbery Task Force needs your help to identify a robber who wore a rather unusual hat during a bank robbery -- a 'teddy bear hat.'
The hat has earned him the nickname of the "Teddy Bear Bandit." Authorities say he's responsible for robbing the J.P. Morgan Chase Bank located at 4165 FM 1960 West in Houston, on Tuesday, June 4.
At about 6:34am, the "Teddy Bear Bandit" forced his way into the bank while tellers were preparing to open the bank to the public. No customers were inside the bank at the time of the robbery. Armed with a pistol, the "Teddy Bear Bandit" physically assaulted one of the tellers with his gun. The teller sustained minor injuries from the assault. He also fired several gunshots into a wall of the bank. Fortunately, no one was hurt as a result of the gunfire. The "Teddy Bear Bandit" did get away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The "Teddy Bear Bandit" was described as a dark-skinned black male, 6'0" to 6'2," in his twenties to early thirties, with a skinny build. He wore a black long-sleeved jacket with an unknown design on the back and white stripes around the cuffs of the jacket. He also wore a white tee-shirt underneath the jacket, jeans, and dark-colored shoes. The "teddy bear hat" was described as a light brown fur hat with furry ears and a tail.
Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber, or any felony suspect. If you have information about this crime, please call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 55 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names 13 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 31 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- David Tillman's weather forecast
39 min ago