Detectives searching for pickpocketer at upscale Katy-area steakhouse
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives need your help identifying a man who stole a woman's wallet from her purse as she dined at an upscale Katy-area steakhouse.
It happened during the afternoon of June 7 at a steakhouse in the 23500 block of Cinco Ranch Boulevard, according to Crime Stoppers.
Staff members became suspicious when they noticed the suspect lurking behind a couple of customers. Surveillance video then caught him lifting a wallet out of a customer's purse as he was putting on his jacket.
At that point, employees confronted the suspect, but he shoved them out of his way and left the restaurant.
The suspect is described as a black male in his late 30s to early 40s, between 5-feet, 9 inches tall and weighs about 230 pounds. He has a gold upper front tooth and has a beard and mustache. He was wearing a blue Houston Astros baseball cap, a blue plaid shirt and blue jeans. The suspect was carrying a white sports coat.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspects involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000.
Call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 18 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase 53 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded 46 min ago
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone 24 min ago
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 56 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers