Reward offered for information on 'Denim Diva' bank robber
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman decked in denim robbed a bank on the East Freeway this week, and the FBI needs your help to identify her.
The robbery happened around 4:35pm Friday at the Comerica Bank, located at 12727 East Freeway in Houston.
According to investigators, a woman entered the bank and presented a threatening note to a teller. No weapon was displayed and no one was physically hurt.
The woman reportedly fled with an undisclosed amount of cash as the passenger in a maroon Nissan Altima.
Officials said the bank robber is described as a Hispanic female, in her mid-20s, approximately 115 pounds with a thin build. She had red or purple hair that was possibly a wig, and she wore a black or red Chicago Bulls cap, blue denim jacket and blue denim pants.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 35 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 44 min ago
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations 21 min ago
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'