Reward offered for information on 'Denim Diva' bank robber
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman decked in denim robbed a bank on the East Freeway this week, and the FBI needs your help to identify her.
The robbery happened around 4:35pm Friday at the Comerica Bank, located at 12727 East Freeway in Houston.
According to investigators, a woman entered the bank and presented a threatening note to a teller. No weapon was displayed and no one was physically hurt.
The woman reportedly fled with an undisclosed amount of cash as the passenger in a maroon Nissan Altima.
Officials said the bank robber is described as a Hispanic female, in her mid-20s, approximately 115 pounds with a thin build. She had red or purple hair that was possibly a wig, and she wore a black or red Chicago Bulls cap, blue denim jacket and blue denim pants.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos