Tip leads to two arrests in kidnapping case; One man sought
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have arrested two suspects and are asking for the public's help in locating a third suspect wanted for questioning in the assault and kidnapping of a woman at 8800 Lake Forest Boulevard about 2am on June 30.
Police say a 28-year-old woman was arguing with her boyfriend at a convenience store at 9430 Mesa at Tidwell. She got into a car with three unknown men and was driven around the Lakewood Subdivision. During this time, police say the woman was physically assaulted and a rape attempt was made before she was able to escape and run away. She suffered non life-threatening injuries.
Police say Roy Dean Griffin, 20, and Delton T. Sidney, 21, are in custody and charged with kidnapping. Justin Darreal Johnson, 20, is wanted for questioning in the case.
The suspects and victim were seen on surveillance video at the Time Saver convenience store on Mesa. After police released that video to the public, a Crime Stoppers tip led to the identities of the three wanted suspects. Sidney and Griffin were arrested on Monday without incident. Police say Griffin had changed his appearance and cut his dreadlocks since the day of the incident.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Justin Johnson is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600.
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 44 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 11 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 57 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church