Persistent, unsuccessful bank robber flees by cab
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A brazen female bank robber hit two Houston area banks Monday afternoon within an hour, but each time she was turned away without getting any cash. The FBI Bank Robbery Task Force has released bank surveillance photographs and needs help identifying the woman.
At about 3:15pm Monday, the woman first entered the Bank of America located at 2302 Fannin Street. Authorities say she handed a note to a teller demanding cash, but left the bank without getting any money. The woman left the area in a taxi cab.
Just 20 minutes later, at about 3:35pm, the same woman went into the Bank of America located at 1905 West Gray. Again, she handed a note to tellers asking for cash, but got nothing. She also left the area in an unknown taxi cab. The woman wore the exact same clothing at both banks, according to officials..
The would-be robber is described as a black female in her forties, 5'7" tall, and weighing about 160-170 pounds. She wore dark sunglasses and carries a cell phone.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this suspect. If you have information about this case or recognize the woman's unique jacket, you're asked to call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS (8477) or the Houston FBI office at 713-693-5000.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 30 min ago
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 30 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck 58 min ago
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns