Police release video of suspect in northwest and southwest Houston robberies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are asking for the public's help in identifying a suspect in what investigators believe to be a series of armed robberies around the northwest and southwest Houston area.
The incidents occurred on the following dates and locations:
- August 2 - 1:10pm - The Cash Store 12520 Westheimer
- August 2 - 1:55pm - EZ Loan Store 1330 Gessner
- August 2 - 2:40pm - Texas Car Title and Payday Loan 9305 Long Point
- August 6 - 10:30am - Kay Jewelers 1000 West Oaks Mall
- August 13 - 11:40am - (shopping center) 7840 Long Point
Another incident happened at a Zales outlet store at 23900 Hempstead Road in Harris County.
In each incident, the suspect demanded money from the cash registers at gunpoint and then fled the scene. In the jewelry store robberies at West Oaks Mall and Hempstead Road, police say the suspect stole several gold and diamond rings before fleeing.
In the August 13 robbery, the female victim was walking from the shopping center to her car. As she got into her vehicle with her children, investigators say the suspect suddenly got into the front passenger seat and demanded money at gunpoint.
"His look, he really had a cold look," robbery victim Silvia Sanchez said.
Sanchez and Vicki Cruz say the unidentified crook came into a different cash store in Spring Branch three times before terrorizing and robbing them at gunpoint this month.
"As he came in, he said 'payday.' So, I looked at him, I got really scared. I leaned on the counter, I touched my heart and he said 'payday' again," Cruz said.
The suspect is described only as a white male 45 to 50 years of age. He is about 6 feet 2 inches tall and 160 to 170 pounds with a thin build. He has a gray goatee and dark hair that is balding on top.
In the video, the suspect was wearing reading glasses and brown work boots and was carrying a side back pack and black glove on his left hand. Police say he was armed with a gun.
In several incidents, he was also wearing a camouflage fishing hat or a black baseball cap. In least once incident, he was wearing a black motorcycle glove with the fingertips cut off. He has been seen in a light-colored pickup truck of unknown make or model.
Anyone with information on the identity of the wanted suspect is urged to contact the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond