Serial burglar with unique tattoo sought
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Law enforcement in northwest Harris County is looking for a serial burglar. Investigators say he's been caught on camera breaking into cars and homes.
Investigators say this suspected thief has a distinguishing mark on his left arm. They're hoping someone recognizes it and calls in some tips.
Sgt. Theresa Harris with the Precinct 4 Constable's Office said,"The identifying marks is going to be this tattoo on his left arm, and we need help identifying this guy."
That unique tattoo is possibly a baby's face or some type of Indian caricature with a feather on the head, according Sgt. Harris. She says the man's been caught on camera prowling around several homes across northwest Harris County recently.
"Probably that we have documented on video, anywhere from 12 to 15," she said.
Sgt. Harris told me she believes the guy is dangerous. You can see him on video carrying a flashlight, poking around backyards and peering into windows.
And that's not all -- investigators say the man's been very aggressive lately, burglarizing cars, moving surveillance cameras and cutting wires around his victims' homes.
Sgt. Harris said, "We do not ever see a vehicle or anything, so we think at this time he is possibly maybe traveling on foot."
Investigators say this suspected crook is between 5-foot 8-inches and 6-foot tall, weighing about 160 pounds. His head is close-shaven and he has some facial hair.
Without many leads, authorities say they're really hoping someone recognizes the unique tattoo.
If you recognize the guy in that surveillance video, or that tattoo, investigators are urging you to call Precinct 4 Constable's Office at 281-376-3472.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
crime tracker, demond fernandez
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 34 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery