Sketches released of suspects police say abducted and sexually assaulted a juvenile in west Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A young girl walking home from school was abducted and sexually assaulted. Those two men have not been caught, but that could change now that sketches have been released.
Two Hispanic men are wanted by police after investigators say they kidnapped a young girl at a southwest Houston intersection and sexually assaulted her in a pickup.
"The passenger got out of the passenger side and forced the girl into the back seat of the truck," said Ryan Sullivan with Crime Stoppers. "While the driver drove around, that passenger suspect sexually assaulted her."
On April 1, the girl was walking home from school on Boone Road near high Star when she was pulled into the back seat of a pickup. She was sexually assaulted for 20 minutes before being dropped off a few miles away at the corner of Beechnut and Wilcrest, where bystanders were able to get her help.
Resident John Leggio said, "It's tragic that anyone that age would be confronted with that situation."
Leggio, who lives a few blocks over, says with the proximity of nearby schools in the area, many kids pass through the intersection on their way home.
"It's pretty busy during the morning and the afternoon," he said.
Crime Stoppers is hoping someone can provide information to help investigators over the phone or via their new mobile app.
"She was lucky enough to escape with her life and she was lucky enough to have found rescuers immediately after," said Sullivan. "But nonetheless, these suspects need to be apprehended and brought to justice immediately."
These two suspects are believed to be driving a white four-door Dodge Dakota pickup. If you know these two men, you're urged to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. You can remain anonymous and there is a reward in the case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
crime tracker, erik barajas
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 17 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 15 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- South Africans pray for Mandela 27 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas