Suspects sought in armed robberies near Kingwood
KINGWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Houston police have released surveillance photos of one of two suspects wanted for armed robberies outside businesses in the Kingwood Town Center.
Authorities say the first incident happened outside Russo's New York Pizzeria at 42 North Main Street about 10:45pm on September 19.
A 28-year-old male was sitting outside and using a laptop computer when he was approached by the two suspects, one of whom was armed with a pistol. Investigators say the suspects stole the man's computer and wallet and fled on foot.
HPD Kingwood officers obtained surveillance photos of one of the suspects attempting to use the victim's credit card to withdraw money at an ATM outside a bank at 3801 Atascocita Road. Another photo showed the suspects' vehicle in the bank parking lot.
Police say the second incident occurred outside a McDonald's at 4406 Kingwood Drive at around 10:40pm on September 25. Two black males fitting the description of those in the first incident reportedly robbed a man and two women at gunpoint as they were sitting on the tailgate of a truck in the parking lot. The suspects threatened those victims with pistols and stole their cell phones. They then fled on foot.
"These aren't very common in Kingwood but since we do have some criminals who are active in the area, it'd be nice if people would be a little bit more aware right now until we catch them," said Captain Matthew May with the Houston Police Department.
No one was hurt in either robbery.
Houston police describe the suspects as two black males in their late teens or 20s, with slim builds and wearing hoodies to conceal their faces. It is believed they were driving a gray or silver four-door vehicle, possibly a Honda Accord, with a sunroof.
Anyone with information on the identities of the suspects is urged to contact the Kingwood Patrol Station at 281-913-4500 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
kingwood, crime tracker
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 18 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town 34 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston 10 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians