Suspects sought in armed robberies near Kingwood
KINGWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Houston police have released surveillance photos of one of two suspects wanted for armed robberies outside businesses in the Kingwood Town Center.
Authorities say the first incident happened outside Russo's New York Pizzeria at 42 North Main Street about 10:45pm on September 19.
A 28-year-old male was sitting outside and using a laptop computer when he was approached by the two suspects, one of whom was armed with a pistol. Investigators say the suspects stole the man's computer and wallet and fled on foot.
HPD Kingwood officers obtained surveillance photos of one of the suspects attempting to use the victim's credit card to withdraw money at an ATM outside a bank at 3801 Atascocita Road. Another photo showed the suspects' vehicle in the bank parking lot.
Police say the second incident occurred outside a McDonald's at 4406 Kingwood Drive at around 10:40pm on September 25. Two black males fitting the description of those in the first incident reportedly robbed a man and two women at gunpoint as they were sitting on the tailgate of a truck in the parking lot. The suspects threatened those victims with pistols and stole their cell phones. They then fled on foot.
"These aren't very common in Kingwood but since we do have some criminals who are active in the area, it'd be nice if people would be a little bit more aware right now until we catch them," said Captain Matthew May with the Houston Police Department.
No one was hurt in either robbery.
Houston police describe the suspects as two black males in their late teens or 20s, with slim builds and wearing hoodies to conceal their faces. It is believed they were driving a gray or silver four-door vehicle, possibly a Honda Accord, with a sunroof.
Anyone with information on the identities of the suspects is urged to contact the Kingwood Patrol Station at 281-913-4500 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
kingwood, crime tracker
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston