Man killed for iPhone on southeast Houston street; reward offered for information
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information on the murder of a man who police say was killed for his cell phone.
According to Houston police, 43-year-old Rafael Ortiz Farias was found shot to death around 1:20am October 1 in the middle of the 9600 block of Randolph Street near Constellation Lane in the Skyscraper Shadow subdivision.
Farias was last seen leaving a neighborhood ice house around 1am. Investigators believe he was killed during the course of a robbery. They said his iPhone was stolen.
No suspects have been identified in this case. Investigators are now hoping an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers of Houston will lead to the identification, charging and arrest of the suspect or suspects responsible for Farias' death.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school