Man killed for iPhone on southeast Houston street; reward offered for information
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers is offering a reward for information on the murder of a man who police say was killed for his cell phone.
According to Houston police, 43-year-old Rafael Ortiz Farias was found shot to death around 1:20am October 1 in the middle of the 9600 block of Randolph Street near Constellation Lane in the Skyscraper Shadow subdivision.
Farias was last seen leaving a neighborhood ice house around 1am. Investigators believe he was killed during the course of a robbery. They said his iPhone was stolen.
No suspects have been identified in this case. Investigators are now hoping an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers of Houston will lead to the identification, charging and arrest of the suspect or suspects responsible for Farias' death.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 21 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas