In The Classroom
HISD pitches new plan to deal with troubled students
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- According to the Houston Chronicle, HISD Superintendent Terry Grier is pitching a new plan to deal with troubled students.
Under the transfer program, students with minor discipline problems could be swapped to another school rather than getting sent to an alternative program. It wouldn't apply to violent students or those who require suspension. The idea is to get those students away from bad influences.
The Houston Federation of Teachers opposes the program.
in the classroom
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston 53 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side 21 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker 10 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands