In The Classroom
HISD to hold meetings on special education program
HOUSTON -- The Houston Independent School District is holding ten public meetings during two days in November to gather feedback from parents and community members regarding the effectiveness of the district's special education program.
During the meetings, the public's input will be gathered on a series of questions which have been developed by the TEA to gather information on the effective operation and performance of special education programs throughout the State. The questions include:
Below is list of meeting dates and locations. For additional information about location, registration, or general questions about the public meeting, or if you need special accommodations, please contact the HISD Office of Special Education Services at 713-556-7025.
Tuesday, November 9
Registration: 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 11
Houston isd, in the classroom
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 42 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 43 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game