In The Classroom
La Marque ISD declares financial exigency
LA MARQUE, TX (KTRK) -- La Marque ISD will not be closing any of its campuses yet, but the district is now in a state of financial exigency.
The district is trying to cut nearly $5 million out of its $24 million budget.
Financial exigency is a formal declaration that allows the school district to void employment contracts.
A plan that would have closed Simms and Highlands elementary schools was taken off the table. But one plan to close intercity elementary and move its students to other schools is still on the table.
la marque, in the classroom
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 17 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 23 min ago
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year' 48 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 39 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony 36 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 17 min ago
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 41 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records 4 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash