In The Classroom
La Marque ISD declares financial exigency
LA MARQUE, TX (KTRK) -- La Marque ISD will not be closing any of its campuses yet, but the district is now in a state of financial exigency.
The district is trying to cut nearly $5 million out of its $24 million budget.
Financial exigency is a formal declaration that allows the school district to void employment contracts.
A plan that would have closed Simms and Highlands elementary schools was taken off the table. But one plan to close intercity elementary and move its students to other schools is still on the table.
la marque, in the classroom
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary 55 min ago
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston 31 min ago
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston 30 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston
- HISD security officer goes before judge today 31 min ago
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
- Tornadoes level homes in Okla., 21 injured
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos