In The Classroom
HISD to hold public meetings in April to discuss changing start and end times at schools
HOUSTON -- Now's your chance to let HISD know how you feel about proposed changes to the start and end times at schools.
We first told you last month the district is considering changing hours at all the schools. HISD has now scheduled four public meetings early next month to get community input on the plan.
Under the proposal, elementary schools would start at either 7:30am or 8:30am and let out at either 3pm or 4pm.
All middle schools would operate from 7:45am until 3:15pm.
All high schools would start at 8:45am and get out at 4:15pm.
The public meetings are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
April 3 (Tuesday) 6-7 pm
- Austin HS (1700 Dumble)
Bellaire HS (5100 Maple Street)
Chavez HS (8501 Howard)
- Lamar HS (3325 Westheimer)
Sharpstown HS (7504 Bissonnet)
Waltrip HS (1900 West 34th )
- Hattie Mae Educational Support Center (4400 W. 18th Street)
- Wheatley HS (4801 Providence)
Worthing HS (9215 Scott)
Yates HS (3703 Sampson)
houston isd, in the classroom
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick 51 min ago
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school