In The Classroom
HISD to hold public meetings in April to discuss changing start and end times at schools
HOUSTON -- Now's your chance to let HISD know how you feel about proposed changes to the start and end times at schools.
We first told you last month the district is considering changing hours at all the schools. HISD has now scheduled four public meetings early next month to get community input on the plan.
Under the proposal, elementary schools would start at either 7:30am or 8:30am and let out at either 3pm or 4pm.
All middle schools would operate from 7:45am until 3:15pm.
All high schools would start at 8:45am and get out at 4:15pm.
The public meetings are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
April 3 (Tuesday) 6-7 pm
- Austin HS (1700 Dumble)
Bellaire HS (5100 Maple Street)
Chavez HS (8501 Howard)
- Lamar HS (3325 Westheimer)
Sharpstown HS (7504 Bissonnet)
Waltrip HS (1900 West 34th )
- Hattie Mae Educational Support Center (4400 W. 18th Street)
- Wheatley HS (4801 Providence)
Worthing HS (9215 Scott)
Yates HS (3703 Sampson)
houston isd, in the classroom
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer