In The Classroom
HISD to hold public meetings in April to discuss changing start and end times at schools
HOUSTON -- Now's your chance to let HISD know how you feel about proposed changes to the start and end times at schools.
We first told you last month the district is considering changing hours at all the schools. HISD has now scheduled four public meetings early next month to get community input on the plan.
Under the proposal, elementary schools would start at either 7:30am or 8:30am and let out at either 3pm or 4pm.
All middle schools would operate from 7:45am until 3:15pm.
All high schools would start at 8:45am and get out at 4:15pm.
The public meetings are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
April 3 (Tuesday) 6-7 pm
- Austin HS (1700 Dumble)
Bellaire HS (5100 Maple Street)
Chavez HS (8501 Howard)
- Lamar HS (3325 Westheimer)
Sharpstown HS (7504 Bissonnet)
Waltrip HS (1900 West 34th )
- Hattie Mae Educational Support Center (4400 W. 18th Street)
- Wheatley HS (4801 Providence)
Worthing HS (9215 Scott)
Yates HS (3703 Sampson)
houston isd, in the classroom
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos