In The Classroom
HISD to hold public meetings in April to discuss changing start and end times at schools
HOUSTON -- Now's your chance to let HISD know how you feel about proposed changes to the start and end times at schools.
We first told you last month the district is considering changing hours at all the schools. HISD has now scheduled four public meetings early next month to get community input on the plan.
Under the proposal, elementary schools would start at either 7:30am or 8:30am and let out at either 3pm or 4pm.
All middle schools would operate from 7:45am until 3:15pm.
All high schools would start at 8:45am and get out at 4:15pm.
The public meetings are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
April 3 (Tuesday) 6-7 pm
- Austin HS (1700 Dumble)
Bellaire HS (5100 Maple Street)
Chavez HS (8501 Howard)
- Lamar HS (3325 Westheimer)
Sharpstown HS (7504 Bissonnet)
Waltrip HS (1900 West 34th )
- Hattie Mae Educational Support Center (4400 W. 18th Street)
- Wheatley HS (4801 Providence)
Worthing HS (9215 Scott)
Yates HS (3703 Sampson)
houston isd, in the classroom
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released 57 min ago
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping baby 41 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
- Ford to offer 50th anniversary Mustang