In The Classroom
HISD to hold public meetings in April to discuss changing start and end times at schools
HOUSTON -- Now's your chance to let HISD know how you feel about proposed changes to the start and end times at schools.
We first told you last month the district is considering changing hours at all the schools. HISD has now scheduled four public meetings early next month to get community input on the plan.
Under the proposal, elementary schools would start at either 7:30am or 8:30am and let out at either 3pm or 4pm.
All middle schools would operate from 7:45am until 3:15pm.
All high schools would start at 8:45am and get out at 4:15pm.
The public meetings are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
April 3 (Tuesday) 6-7 pm
- Austin HS (1700 Dumble)
Bellaire HS (5100 Maple Street)
Chavez HS (8501 Howard)
- Lamar HS (3325 Westheimer)
Sharpstown HS (7504 Bissonnet)
Waltrip HS (1900 West 34th )
- Hattie Mae Educational Support Center (4400 W. 18th Street)
- Wheatley HS (4801 Providence)
Worthing HS (9215 Scott)
Yates HS (3703 Sampson)
houston isd, in the classroom
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty 39 min ago
- What was interpreter REALLY signing 36 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating' 30 min ago
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck