In The Classroom
HISD families can enroll in free/reduced meal program
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- As kids get ready to go back to school, the Houston Independent School District wants to remind qualified families to enroll in the free and reduced meal program.
Every day, breakfast is served for free for every student, but lunch costs $2.25 for all elementary school students. For parents who can't afford it, this government program is there to help.
The program offers a reduced lunch for 40 cents a meal or a free lunch, to parents who meet the eligibility requirements.
in the classroom
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 47 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self 55 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow