In The Classroom
New mobile app helps students track grades
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you or your children are striving to make As this year, a Houston man has developed a new mobile app that could help.
My Grades To Go was developed by software engineer Oren Feinstein and is currently available in free and paid versions on all Google-based Android devices.
With the app, there is no more searching for papers to remember what you scored on each quiz, test and homework assignment, and no more waiting for progress reports and report cards to find out how you're doing in a class. Once you enter a grade, it is stored and continually factored into your overall average.
The app is basically a grade calculator and predictor. Users can record multiple grades in a school subject and plug in the weighted percentage of each grade. The app then adds up the grades and tells you what you need to score to get an A in the course.
Feinstein, founder and CEO of Houston-based Pine Ventures technology company, says the app is perfect for all ages and grade levels from elementary school through college.
"The app is designed for students of any age and education level who want to keep track of and predict their grades," he said. "Predicting what they need to make an A is something all students do anyway, but now they can save time and let this app do it for them."
The full-version app costs only 99 cents to download, but there is also a free version called My Grades To Go Lite, which lets students track grades for a single class. Both versions are ad-free.
Feinstein said his next goal is to develop the app on the Apple iPhone.
For more information on the app and how it works, visit www.mygradestogo.com.
in the classroom
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 11 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight 50 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 28 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop 43 min ago
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls 21 min ago
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 53 min ago
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation